Wednesday, May 4, 2011

NEW Green Apple Flavored Gatorade Review!


With the recent release of Green Apple flavored Gatorade, I have found many good reviews about the product but what do you expect from the world's leading sports drink. As the world's leading sports drink, Gatorade does not really have any competition on the market. So isn't it fair to say that who really knows if it is the worlds leading sports drink. Yeah there are a few other sports drinks on the market but Gatorade does not have much competition.


That being said, the new Green Apple Gatorade, I have to admit, is not the strongest flavor they have made. The taste is just not as present in the drink as it is made out to be. Even though Gatorade is such a high selling product, there is still little to no room for error when producing new products. I believe Gatorade took a huge gamble by producing a new flavor and I believe it is coming back to bit the company in the backside.


In the interview on NBC's "Dateline," with Matt Lauer, president of Gatorade Rich Beck made quite a few bold statements that I feel are not backed up with the production of the new drink. The interview can be found in it's entirety here. Since Gatorade has so many products on the market, I find it irrelevant to come out with a new flavor. Gatorade already has almost every flavor of drink under the sun, and to produce a new product, I believe, will just cause confusion among Gatorade customers.


I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but not many people know the story I am about to share. President Rich Beck has made this product out to be the best tasting drink they have produced but what many don't know is that the ingredients are causing some customers to become ill.


People around the nation are becoming ill due to this product for the following reasons:
1. An over amount of Vitamin C
2. Outrageous high number of sugars and starches
3. Not enough water, too much flavor.




A news paper in Roanoke, Virginia, The Roanoke Times, got word of a young man who played soccer in the Roanoke Valley and after a soccer game, drank the new flavored Gatorade and became ill with food poisoning, or in his case, drink poisoning that was the result of the new Green Apple Flavored Gatorade.  This certain individual spent 3 days in the hospital with what Gatorade is supposed to offer the opposite of; severe dehydration. The young man did recover and returned to the soccer field after recovering but don't let this new flavor fool you.


I believe that if more of these outbreaks of drink positing continue to occur, President of Gatorade Rich Beck will be forced to remove the product from the shelves and will unfortunatley take a major hit in sales of the Gatorade products as a whole.


I have tried the new product myself and can attest that there is nothing special about it. My advice as someone who has tried the product is to save your money. Their are plenty other Gatorade flavors out there that can provide the right treatment after a workout that obviously the new flavor of Gatorade cannot do. When buying any new product, especially Gatorade, be sure to read the nutrition facts and make sure everything is sufficient for what you are looking for.


WORD COUNT: 571

6 comments:

  1. You're an idiot. Food poisoning and dehydration are two very different things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup. "Not enough water, too much flavor" it's a drink, it contain mostly water with added flavor and colouring.

      Delete
  2. They had this flavor around 20 yrs ago. I used to buy it it Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I drank this drink this weekend and it DESTROYED MY DIGESTIVE TRACT!!!
    Seriously, after drinking half of it I started to get a gurgly feeling in my stomach. Later that night I had to take a dump which is unusual for me because I always take my dumps in the AM before work. It was almost pure liquid..and I was up 2 or 3 more times that night taking more unbelievably liquidy shits. DO NOT DRINK THIS DRINK. 3 Days later and I am still shitting soggy cereal shits!! Stay away from this product at all costs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I been drinking this green apple and I've had no issues. I absolutely love it and I think it's their best flavor. And to the comment about getting sick all night was more likely the food you ate not the drink sounds like food poisoning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Green Apple and Gatorade does not mix... It is disgusting!

    ReplyDelete